British American Tobacco is all about freedom of choice – whether it’s our people or our products. Combined with our entrepreneurial spirit, it’s what’s driven our phenomenal success. We started trading tobacco over a hundred years ago. Today, we’re a multibillion dollar company with more than 200 brands in our portfolio. With robust positions in each of our regional markets, our future looks equally bright too.
Talent Acquisition Manager, Sub Saharan Africa
- Job TypePermanent Full Time
- Experience5 – 8 years
- Job FieldHuman Resources / HR
Job number: 22581BR
Job Purpose and Key Deliverables
- British American Tobacco is currently recruiting a Talent Aquisition Manager with responsibilities covering SubSaharan Africa region. The role can be based either in South Africa Africa (South Africa), Western Africa Area (Nigeria) or East Central Area (Kenya) and will be placed at above market level.
- Picture yourself working in one of the largest companies in the world. You are at the forefront of change. This role will challenge you like no other.
- As the voice of the business to external talent, the role of the Talent Acquisition Manager is to design and drive best in class attraction strategies and interventions to ensure the attraction and recruitment of high quality candidates across Africa. Your reach will be broad: partnering with local HR Leadership teams and HR Business Partners to establish a deep understanding of modern attraction tools and channels as you look to help transform our business.
- If this opportunity excites you, you have just excited us!
- Implement the Global Talent Acquisition Strategy, drive the Local Talent Acquisition Agenda and ensure alignment between both agendas.
- Deliver a recruitment plan and sourcing strategy to support GBS HR (recruitment shared services) and ensure the effectiveness of the recruitment processes.
- Deliver a Talent Brand Plan (including Employer Branding activities, Social Media actions, Internal Programmes, etc.) to attract and recruit the best talent in the different countries, in close collaboration with the local teams.
- Train HR and GBS HR (recruitment shared services) stakeholders on recruitment practices
- Contribute to the Talent Acquisition Community with best practice sharing.
- Manage and interact with main stakeholders (HR Directors, HR Business Partners, Regional and Global Talent Team) and leverage local relationships, networks and knowledge
- University graduate with a Degree in Human Resources, Business Administration or similar field of study.
- 5-8 years’ experience in professional Talent Acquisition role with increasing levels of responsibility.
- Demonstrable track record of driving significant and transformational changes to attraction and strategic sourcing approaches within large complex organizations
- Experience in Talent Brand Marketing, social and digital media
- Experience in effectively tracking and reporting of recruitment projects and programs delivery
- Effective stakeholder management and influencing skills
- Good knowledge of e-recruitment systems and processes;
- Confident interpersonal and communication skills; ability to communicate technical HR information clearly and concisely;
- Fluent in written and spoken English
- Full mobility to travel and live abroad if required.
- Results oriented, inspiring and engaging, multitasking, ability to work under pressure, good sense of urgency, capacity for analysis and organization.
Interested and qualified? Go to British American Tobacco career website on krb-xjobs.brassring.com to apply